Improve quality of life as a respected physiotherapist.
By studying La Trobe’s Bachelor of Applied Science/Master of Physiotherapy, you’ll learn from experienced, practising physiotherapists and develop skills to help patients recuperate from physical disabilities and movement disorders. In final year you can pursue a range of specialty areas including advanced neurology and private practice.
- Gain important knowledge of the major organ systems of the body such as the renal, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive and reproductive systems.
- Physiotherapy skills
- Understand how to improve people’s quality of life through biomechanics, patient education, safe handling, assessment and prevention strategies.
- Women’s health and paediatrics
- Learn about gender and age specific practice including pathology, clinical complications, aetiology and physiotherapy care.
- Cardiothoracic, neurological and musculoskeletal dysfunction
- Be able to treat people for a variety of conditions as they relate to the heart and circulatory system, brain and nerves, muscles and skeleton.
Reasons to study physiotherapy at La Trobe:
- La Trobe University is Victoria’s number one choice for undergraduate physiotherapy.
- This course is accredited by the Australian Physiotherapy Council.
- Undertake work placements in leading hospitals and private practices such as The Alfred, Northern Health, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Bendigo Health, Olympic Park Sports Medicine or Back in Motion.
- Take advantage of opportunities for overseas placements in countries including Vietnam, Cambodia, Denmark and Italy.
- Access the La Trobe Sport and Exercise Medicine Research Centre: a world-leading centre for sport and exercise medicine research at the Melbourne campus.
- Learn from researchers who work with Olympic and world-championship athletes.
IAEC Education is proud partner of La Trobe University. If you want to pursue the course contact us. Leave a message below and let us know the suitable time to contact you.