There are several categories for Work visas in Australia. Depending on the field of experience, duration of experience and your eligibility the subclass of the visa will change. You can work for a temporary short period or you can stay permanently in Australia, you can stay in suburban Australia or might have to be restricted to the regional employment opportunities.

Australia works on a points-based system for finding the eligibility criteria for the permanent work visas.

Criteria for the points calculation are:

  • Age
  • English language skills
  • Skilled employment experience
  • Educational qualifications
  • Specialist education qualification
  • Australian study requirement
  • Professional Year in Australia
  • Credentialled community language (CCL-NAATI)
  • Study in regional Australia
  • Partner skills

Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)

  • You can stay and work anywhere in Australia
  • It is an unconditional PR

Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)

  • This is a state sponsored visa, you are obligated to stay in the respective state for two years after the visa is granted.
  • You get 5 extra points for Permanent Residency
  • No conditions on visa apart from state residency requirement
  • You can include family members in the visa application

Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 489) (Soon to be changed to Subclass 491)

  • This is a temporary transitional visa to get Permanent Residency
  • For skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia
  • You can include your family members in the application
  • If you are granted this visa, you might be able to apply for the Skilled Regional (Permanent) visa (subclass 887)
  • Categories :
    • Family Sponsored Category
    • State Sponsored Category

Temporary Skill shortage Visa (Subclass 482)

  • This temporary visa lets an employer sponsor a suitably skilled worker to fill a position they can’t find a suitably skilled Australian to fill
  • Work experience of minimum 2 years is required
  • Valid English language competency is must
  • Based on the occupation listed in Short, Medium or Long term skilled occupation lists there are three categories of this visa
  • Short Term Stream (2 to 4 years)
  • Medium Term Stream (up to 4 years)
  • Labour Agreement Stream (Max 4 years)
  • You should have a job offer and employer sponsorship before you apply for this visa

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (Subclass 187)

  • This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer in regional Australia, live and work in Australia permanently.
  • There are two categories :
    • Direct Entry Scheme
    • Temporary Residence Transition Scheme
  • Minimum three years of work experience is required

Our experienced counsellors and migration agents will assess your eligibility for the Permanent Residency, Work Visas or Regional visas based on the qualifications and experience. We will guide you through the document requirement, visa process, and all the visa conditions once you receive the outcome. We are proud to have very high visa success rate and are committed to help you settle down in one of the most liveable countries in the world.